Before I went into a panic because I found out my voter registration was inactive on the last day to register this was supposed to be a week of theatre themed posts. On Monday I posted tips for choosing a show to see, saving money on tickets, and theatre etiquette, but perhaps you still aren’t sure if you are the sort of person who would like theatre. Here is a simple test.
You may like theatre if…
- You like to laugh.
- You like to cry.
- You like to see people sing and dance.
- You don’t like to see people sing and dance.
- You like stories based on actual events.
- You like stories that are completely fictional.
- You like things set in historical times performed by people in elaborate costumes.
- You like things set in the present with people dressed “normal.”
- You like imaginations of the future.
- You want 3-D effects without having to wear special glasses.
- You like entertainment.
If any of the above are true, you’ll probably like theatre. Give it a chance. For a guide of how to start see this.